April 2, 2011

Why oh weye...

The past 12 hours have been interesting.  If you have known me since my freshman year at Tabor, you probably know that I am prone to eye issues of all kinds.

Pink eye.

Dry eyes.

Itchy eyes.

Irritated eyes.

Sleepy eyes.

Ingrown eyelashes. 

Etc.

The past few nights while taking off my eye make-up, it has felt like something is lodged in my eye for a second, and then it goes away.  Last night, it didn't go away.  It stayed, and it was awful.  We flushed my eye with Saline and water, and it didn't help.  I decided to sleep on it hoping it would be better in the morning.  It wasn't.

I decided I had three options.  1:  go to the eye doctor.  2:  wait for it to get real bad and go to the ER.  OR 3:  have Daniel pluck what I thought had to be an ingrown eyelash.

I chose number 1.

After a routine exam, the eye doctor (a sweet lady about my age - fresh out of medical school) flipped my eyelid like this:




And it felt weird.  I had to hold my left eye closed because I just couldn't handle it.  Makes me wonder how I'll handle more painful things in life...like childbirth...  Moving on.

And what she found was a little pink ball that was growing into my eyelid.  And it came from my cleanser (Mary-Kay TimeWise Normal to Dry Cleanser).  And it had been there for a few days.  Yikes.

She was thankful I came in.  And I was, too.

So I went from this:
For 12 hours to this:
She put numbing drops in both my eyes.  A weird sensation. 

So I'm all better.  For now.  Why oh weye these things happen to me, I do not know.

Now we're going garage saling.  Gotta spend me that there dang birthday monay!

Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. oh heidi...that doesnt sound like fun at all!! i am glad you are doing better! :)

    ReplyDelete