April 3, 2011

BIG Decisions

Daniel and I (and my parents, and Daniel's mom, and Daniel's sis and bro-in-law) have been talking about big decisions a lot this weekend.  Sheesh, sometimes making big decisions is weighty. 

So in an attempt to free my mind from all thoughts regarding big decisions, I cleaned this beauty that I found at a garage sale yesterday. 
I paid $5 for it.  Daniel says I paid too much.  I'm not good at haggling.  In Mexico, I think I paid $10 for sunglasses.  They broke the next day.  I'm just too compassionate.  Or maybe I'm just passive.  Probably the latter.  

Daniel (and everyone else who has seen it) is most disturbed by this:
And this:
 I don't know why!  I mean, come on people, it's just faux cowhide.  I hope.  It does smell a tad funky.  Yes, I smelled it.  I had to.  You would, too.

So I decided I MUST clean it before it descends upon the students.  It's really for them.  I already have a throne at school.  I will never grace this beaut.  

First, I cleaned it with good old soap and water.  Then, I used this classy spray:
   
I think it served an appropriate purpose.  Then, I used my new classroom cologne (by 7th hour, it's mighty smelly in 167):
It's outside right now.  When it's dry, it will grace our dwelling place.  Until then, our neighbors will be delighted by its presence. 

Now comes the all-important question:  Would you sit in it?  Be honest.

Daniel bought me potted herbs for my birthday.  And I love them more than my Pineapple Orchid classroom cologne...and I LOVE my Pineapple Orchid classroom cologne.  Here's my dilemma:  I have never cooked with any of them.  Thyme, rosemary, and peppermint.  All you chefs out there, give me a hint, puleeze!
 They are gracing our front window currently.  So cute.  Between my potted babes and my cow stool, I'm sure our neighbs are enjoying the eye candy.
 And finally, what's not to love about another garage sale find:  my ceramic pitcher/vase!?  And my bday flowers remain oh so lovely.
 Now that my mind has been sufficiently distracted from weighty decisions, I suppose I should finish my lesson plans for tomorrow.  Naturally, I wait until Sunday afternoon/evening to do my lesson planning.  Ah, the carefree life of a first-year teacher.  Jk, kind of. 

Until next time, I will continue loving life, hoping for more sun, and rooting for Butler.  Go Bulldogs.

1 comment:

  1. Big decisions do seem hard! I'm there with ya! Glad you found some awesome ways to distract yourself! :-)

    I have to admit though.... I'm nervous about being a first year teacher one of these days...

    ReplyDelete