April 11, 2011

Dr. Laura

On Friday, I celebrated my dear friend, Laura.  She's gonna be a doctor, folks!


(And every time I say, "Dr. Laura," I can't help but think of the psychologist Dr. Laura.  Sorry, my friend Laura, I will attempt to refrain.) 


I have been friends with Laura since 4th grade.  I think we got our necklaces (those lovely heart-shaped "Best Friends" ones of course) around the same time.  It blossomed fast. 

To this day, Laura can make me laugh like none other. 

So in honor of all Laura has accomplished and all she will accomplish, I have written her a poem (it's about animals, you see, because she's going to be a veterinarian):

Laura is funny.
As funny as a bunny.
And bunnies are really funny.

Laura is smart.
As smart as a tart heart.
And tart hearts are really smart.

Laura is my fave.
Like a brave man named Dave.
But Dave is not my fave.

Laura will tend my pets.
There will be many pets for the vets.
I will not put them in nets.

(I never said that I'm a skilled poet...I just happen to be wrapping up a poetry unit with my sophomores, so I'm thinkin' real poetically...)


Brie and I coated her to show the world that Laura is one step closer to being a doctor.  Sit back and watch the scene unfold:







 So fun, huh?

Finally, in perfect Laura-fashion, her first spill on her pristine jacket was not animal fluids but blueberries from a scone.  Oh Laura, I love you.

And I'm so stinkin' proud of you, friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment