April 15, 2011

náhodný: it's Slovak

So happy it's Friday.  So happy.  Feeling like a pretty crappy teacher these days.  Needing a break.  Understanding the people who grace my classroom every day are real people with real problems.  Sometimes wishing those problems didn't exert themselves in the form of poor behavior.  Desiring grace from my students and asking for patience for my students.

Daniel and I had a delightful time with Carri last Saturday.  Good eats, good shopping, and good conversation.  Unfortunately I had no control at Orange Leaf.  Fortunately it's frozen yogurt.  No calories.  Right?  Sure.

 Carri is a superb gift-giver.  Slow-cooker cook book, new Tabor shirt, an over-the-shoulder bag that has about a bazillion pockets.  And she didn't even know that I was looking for a purse just like that.  I am seriously blessed with the best mother-in-law on earth.  Love you, Carri.  And jealous you now get to spend every day at Tabor. 
 Wednesday was freezer-meal night.  Our last freezer meal.  And Daniel was not impressed.  After a few bites he said, and I quote, "This makes me sad."  Apparently we don't have the same taste in noodle doneness (yes, that is a word). 
 Listen to this.  This is nutso.  Daniel and I are running a 5K on May 21.  We both tend to be goal-oriented people, so now we have something to prepare for.  It'll be our little Spring getaway.  Wanna run with us?  Holler back.  We'd love to have company.
In preparation for our training, and because I had leftover cake and leftover frosting, I made cake balls.  They taste fine.  Just fine.  Apparently they make me sad:
 Or elated:
 We're enjoying a relaxing Friday evening full of laundry and the TV.  First person to guess the movie on the screen wins a prize.  Prize TBD. 
 These two beauties are about to embark on a big adventure.  They will be traveling from Topeka to Wichita. And they will exchange hands at least three times.  And the transporters don't even know.  Here's the deal:  Beauty Brands in Topeka was have a hahuuge sale on hairspray.  So I bought two for Cheri.  So Chers, they're on their way.  Holler when you receive them.  If you never get them, know that I indeed did purchase them.
Well that was random and not very full of hilarity.  My apologies.  It's the ants that I swear have been attacking me in my sleep.  You see, my lovely potted herbs are covered in ants.  So we finally moved them to the great outdoors. But not before they had a chance to bore holes into my skull.

One of the greatest feelings in the world is when I get to turn off my alarm on Friday night in anticipation of Saturday morning.  Sweet bliss.

Daniel told me a funny tonight.  It will make you smile. He said that on field day in second grade, he traded a kid for a second place ribbon.  Prior to the trade, all he had was a participation ribbon.  And we all know participation ribbons are jokes.

I will end with my favorite quote from chapter one of Their Eyes Were Watching God (my sophomore's current novel):  "Unless you see de fur, a mink skin ain't no different from a coon hide" (Hurston 7).

Chew on that for awhile.

Happy don't-set-your-alarm day!

2 comments:

  1. yay for you running a 5K! those cake balls look delicious..though i can seriously only eat one at a time. i hope to see your sweet face this weekend???? i hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The three ninjas? PLEASE BE the three ninjas. I love that movie!

    ReplyDelete