April 9, 2011

Before & After

When I was a mere child, my favorite show of all time was "Trading Spaces" on TLC.  Oh goodness, I spent every afternoon watching this show.  My family can attest to this.  One of my favorite parts of this show was when Paige Davis showed us the "before" and "after" shots.  I still remember some of my favorite rooms as well as most of the designer's names. 

And so...

What you are about to see cannot compare in any way to my beloved show; however, it is our guest room's "before" and "after."  For the most part, we (mom and I), used what we had.  Some call that staging.  It was real fun. 

Prepare.  What you are about to see is atrocious in every way.  And to think, people have had to stay in this terrible place!  So sorry, previous guests.  Please come back.  We will give you a kinder space.  

Before:


(This pretty painting is now in my classroom - thanks, Brie!)

Thanks to the help of one brave lady, my momma, this room now looks like this:





Ain't it pleasant?  I think so.

So come visit us!  Please.  We love visitors.  We'll even feed you. 

3 comments:

  1. Impressive. You have many accent pieces. I'm a little jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really liking the finished product!!!! Super job decorating!

    ReplyDelete