April 7, 2011

Listen to this!

I don't really have anything profound to say.  I just wanted to say, "Listen to this!" but there was no one around to say it to.  So I chose you...

This is the first week that I have not stayed at school every night until the wee hours.  Let me elaborate...most weeks I have at least one day that I can leave between 4:15 and 4:30, but this week, I've been outta there by 4 every day.  What's happening?!  Either I'm getting the hang of this thing or losing all motivation.  Perhaps a mix of both.  Truthfully, this week was a lot of work to prepare, but not much to facilitate.  And I don't hate those units.  I might just die during my last units for both my classes.  Gearing up...

I tried to be real calm and collected all day today.  And I think I was.  It's a struggle every day not to lose my cool.

Last night I was reminiscing about all the fun times I used to have with my cousins on my mom's side.  I mean, we had fun.  Hey cousins, let's play "Annie Annie Over" next time we're together.  And I'm kinda not kidding.  Then I found this sweet picture of the girl cousins.

Some of my oldest memories are with these ladies.  Oh to be young again.

Tonight we're having beef and bean burritos.  I hate the way that sounds.  For some reason, the alliteration of those three words drives me nuts.  Absolutely nuts.  So I will call them hamburger and legume wraps.  That's what we're having.

I want guacamole so bad, but them dang avocados is so dang expensive.  And we're on a budget.  Gotta pay off them there dang skewl loans.  (I get a kick out of speaking grammatically incorrect.  There's something freeing about it.)

Let's finish with a pic of my favorite Nick:
Ain't he darling looking?  And that there is his betrothed.  2 1/2 months!  Yipee skippy!

EDIT:  I can't handle it.  I NEED guacamole.  I'm going to Hyvee.  Right now.  This is crazy.  Totally nuts.  Thursdays make for super suppers.

EDIT 2:  Guacamole was sub-par.  I am the world's worst at selecting apropos (go ahead, sound it out) avocados.  The wraps were super-yum.  Now I'm making lemon cake and perhaps brownies for the winners of my classroom NCAA bracket challenge.   And listening to lovely piano music.  Daniel thinks death has come to the apartment in the form of classical music.  He's got a rough life.

1 comment:

  1. love the picture...love all of you! :)
    we had burriots last night...and we grilled them [per kyle's orders] and they were delish. we also had guacamole...LOVE IT! :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete