July 27, 2011

The Room & A Tip

I worked on my classroom this morning.  And, may I say, I am dang pumped about the way it turned out.  I was thinking on my feet, hanging things MacGyver creatively, and sticking all kinds of awesomeness to the walls.  As promised (at least 4 months ago), here is a complete tour of the 167.

My haven, my corner.
 What my observers see...
 The heavily coveted corner.  I refuse to enjoy said corner as a result of the mouse that once scampered under the chair.
 The "new" corner.  Remember that chair?  I swear the students never noticed it.  On the last day of school, I heard about a dozen times, "Where did that chair come from!?"  Oh kiddies, it's only been there for 2 months.
 The back...disregard the piled chairs in the corner.  They will be gone in 2 weeks...I hope.  Common question:  "Why do you have an England flag?"  Common answers:  "It's my favorite country."  "It's where I go the weekends."  "Because."  I'm working on wittier responses...
 Daniel makes fun of my "Absent Work" sign.  He thinks it belongs in a nursery.  That crazy kid.
 Miscellaneous storage.
 The former "everything" board (homework, objectives, daily activities, etc.).  The future "Word Wall."
 And a close-up of one of my summer projects...
 Reeeaaaally close.
When I walk back in the 167 in 2 weeks, I should be able to relax...because it's done!  Well, kind of.  Sort of.  The only thing left to do is...everything.  One lesson plan at a time.

I made these today.  During the baking process, I have an epiphany.  When God made peanut butter, I think he intended it to be a heaven-only food.  But after tasting it's delectability, he decided that humans must receive a taste of heaven as often as possible.  So he sent down little plastic jars full of sweetness.  And I say, "Many thanks.  Seriously, many thanks."

Aaaaaaaanyway...

While spreading out the delicious concoction on a jelly roll pan (bee tee dubs, hubs is convinced that I can't call it a "jelly roll pan" until I make him jelly rolls - whatevs), I realized it was going to be quite difficult to spread the cookie portion without completing destroying the 3 square feet that are my kitchen.

SOOOOOOO, I got all smart and domestic and stuff.  And did this:
 It's wax paper.  Sprayed with Pam.  And I spread the sticky mess out with my fingers without dirtying every surface.  Whaaaaaat?!  Yes.  And I copyright that idea right now.  If you've done it before, please don't tell me.  I want to keep pretending that I invented it. 

Worked like a dream.
 The finished, delightful product.  Sans a small corner designated for the most important snack of the day. 
Now I must clean those wretched 3 square feet.

But before I go, I have several very important questions for you.
1:  I have one more 18-food bunting banner.  Where should I hang it?  Or should I hang it at all?
2:  I need a podium for my classroom.  I used a music stand last year, and it was not my favorite thing.  Where can I buy one for cheap (cheap=less than $50)/can you make me one for cheap?

Answers, please.  Many thanks.  Seriously.

PS:  The school year should probably start soon.  I'm in need of some fresh blog-worthy material...

No comments:

Post a Comment