August 2, 2011

How Embarrassing

I embarrass myself approximately every 3 hours.  Literally.

Like the time I slipped by the trash cans in the cafeteria during the formative senior year of high school.  Whoa-m-g.

Or the time I introduced myself to a man named Darrin by saying, "Hi, I'm Darrin."  Yes, it happened.

Or worse.  The time that I introduced myself to my cousin-in-law Amy by saying, "Hi, I'm Am...Heidi."  That happened not 4 years ago, but 4 days ago.  I have grand theories as to why I introduce myself by saying the other person's name, but I will refrain from hopping on my "ways to remember names since I'm terrible at names" soapbox.

Or the time I forgot an entire piano piece during a recital and skipped to the last measure.  Gasp.  That was a good one.

I digress.

I just spent an entire weekend with my wonderful in-laws...and this is the only picture I took.  (Slash I didn't even take it.)  How embarrassing. 

But my hubs is handsome.  And I now have a dress for parent-teacher conferences.

All is right in the world.

2 comments:

  1. Heidi, I must say that you look SO MUCH like your mom is in this picture!

    ReplyDelete