August 17, 2011

First Day of School

My cam-cam isn't cooperating, so no "first day of school" pic...yet. Speaking of "cam-cam," do you watch Parks & Recreation?  You should.  Especially because of this:

I digress.

Today was a pretty great day.  I made sure to embarrass myself a handful of times. I mumbled.  I forgot a dozen names.  I tripped.  I sweated (swat?).  I said things that teenage boys thought were funny - never a good sign.  I went without a snack (shocker).

My throat hurts because I talked all day.  I'm used to going 7+ hours without saying a word.  Poor kids.  I totally word-vomited all over them (too far? Sorry.).

I learned some new names that I really like.  I pronounced 95% of the names correctly.  I made 95% of the kiddos laugh...at least once...perhaps at my own expense.  Essentially, I made some dang good jokes.

Like I said, it was a good day.

But this, by far, made it the best:
I'm pretending it's from all sophomores from last year.  Please don't point out that it may or may not be grammatically correct.  It was a perfect back to school treat, and I'll take it.

So that was today.  I'm exhausted, but totally looking forward to the rest of the year.

Bring on the stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment