August 30, 2011

Summer is Fun

Summer is over.  And I mourn the loss of all my free time.  But I also enjoy the intense problem-solving environment in which I find myself.

To end the summer with a bang, we headed to Omaha (future vaca destination of Gaga, of course) to see these lovelies...
What a special time with the brother and the sissy.

We also went hiking by the river.  It sounds more adventurous than it actually was...BUT what a perfect way to spend the last Saturday of "freedom".
 Down by the riv.
 Where should we go?  Oh, I know...let's take the only trail there is!
 White shoes = generally a bad idea.  Luckily, they remained white. 
 Mid-"hike".

So school is rolling and bustling and crazy.  The kids are generally awesome.  To wake up my tired 7th hour, I made them chant with me:
Mrs. Carlson:  "Heming...what?!"
Students:  "Hemingway!!"

Sadly, I think I was more entertained than the 15-year-olds. 


No comments:

Post a Comment