August 21, 2011

Today

Today I made a list of all the things I refuse to stress about this year.  And then I crossed them all out with a fat marker.  Pretty dang therapeutic.  Try it.  You'll like it.

Today we picked up a podium my father-in-law built for me.  Now I feel like a real teacher. It is quite beautiful.

Today I read a bazillion Berenstain Bear books in preparation for a project the freshies will do.  Hilariously, as I was reading, I could hear my mom's voice reading them to me since she read to us all the time.  I still remember her inflections.  And I chuckled.  And she had real good voices.  I suppose I get it from somewhere...

Today I cleaned up the remnants from yesterday's Domestic Day with bestie Cheri.  More on that later.  We baked some yummy yummies.  Sheesh.  Our apartment still smells like Subway.  Like Subway on a good day.  Not like Subway as in "My skin still smells like Subway even though I ate there a week ago."  Yuck.

Today I will find the cord to connect cam cam to compy.  I must.

Today I will explain a thought I've been having...my blog is light-hearted 80% of the time.  This world is cruel and unusual.  Awful things happen every day.  I understand this.  My heart is burdened for those in need.  I care deeply about many un-light-hearted issues.  But because this world is cruel and unusual, this blog is my light-hearted outlet.  I know what is going on in the world (not everything of course, but as much as I can), but I choose to make this is place where I can release some steam after a long day and where you can read something light and enjoyable.  I just want you to know that.

And that is all...for today.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading your light-hearted blog! It is still real and honest, which I love, but also gives me a good chuckle, too. Thanks, Heidi!

    ReplyDelete