June 30, 2011

rasgele: it's Turkish

Yesterday I spent the day with moms in Manhappenin.  We shopped.  I bought an adorable vase with silk hydrangeas.  It's daaaaang cute.

And I perused Baby Gap.  The lady asked what I was looking for, and I told her my sister-in-law is pregnant with twins.  And she congratulated me.  So congratulations, Tammy, from the lady at Baby Gap.  She is real excited for you.

I had lunch with this lady last Friday.

She's moving away, which makes me real sad for me, but real happy for her.  She's beginning a new journey, and for that, I am pumped.  She was a counselor at my school, but she did far more than counsel many of my kiddos.  She counseled me, too.  You see, she understood what it was like to be a first-year English teacher, so she could relate.  More than that, however, she was a friend who befriended me at some of my lowest moments during the school year.  So sweet Kelli, you may never know how much of a blessing you were to me.  Thank you for being my friend. :)

And to everyone else, my "counselor friend Kelli" does exist!  The picture above proves it. 

My first-cousin-once-removed sent me the recipe for Red Lobster's cheese biscuits!  I will be making them this weekend.  You should make them, too.
My Best Red Lobster Biscuits
1/3 cup shortening
1 3/4 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp soda
3/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp garlic powder (I usually do more--I like garlic)
1/2 cup finely grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup buttermilk
Heat oven to 450 degrees. Cut shortening into dry ingredients until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in cheese. Stir in buttermilk until all dry ingredients are moistened. Drop by spoonfuls onto sprayed cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. After baking baste with:
3 TBSP butter
1/8 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp dried parsley
serve warm...YUM!

We ate our wedding cake last night.  And it was still moist!  Shannon (cousin Shannon), if you're reading this, know that you are gooooood at all things cake.

Our apartment is being "inspected" today by the powers that be.  I'm not entirely sure what that means or what they're looking for.  Yikes.  But it's real clean.

Now I bid you adieu until next time.  Thanks for being loyal readers of the mundane, the exciting, and the complete randominity.

Love and cupcakes.

2 comments:

  1. That is a cute vase!

    As far as our wedding cake... it got lost when we were moving. I am very sad that we don't get to eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I forgot your anniversary on the day of your anniversary! Shoot. I hope it was a good one.

    Also, thanks for the picture of Kelli. I DO believe.

    ReplyDelete