June 24, 2011

A year ago today...

...I was ordering my besties around like minions in preparation for a glorious day.   And they were all troopers. 

 This pretty one just became a Glanzer!  And those pretty baskets are still sold at Hobby Lobby.  When I stopped by Hob Lob a few days ago, I thought about stocking up, and then the voice of my hubs popped in my head, and I realized that we already have two. 
 Oh Russell Stover's chocolates.  You are so good to me.
 There's the cake baker herself - my cousin!  Our wedding cake was so so so yummy and gorgeous.  Not sure if she's for hire, but if so, you should hire her. 
My ex-roommate.  Oh Ches, only you and Katherine could have put those tables together in such a beautiful way.  Many thanks.
 Just before lunch, the hubsies showed up!
 Lunch was had, and then back to work.  So much to do.  You know how nothing ever goes as planned?  Well, I had every intention of being heavily involved in every part of the decorating.  BUT, every 5 seconds someone would say, "Heidi, what do you think about this?"  Alas, I answered questions all day, and my heroic friends and family did all the work.  Super thankful.
 And Kat lovingly arranged the wheat stalk by stalk.  She has much more patience than I.
 The boys should do something

 Sweet friend, Mel, came all the way from Canada to celebrate with us.  So special.  And Misty hobbled around on crutches like a champ.
I still have my bouquet.  Made out of pencils!  Perhaps it will find a home in my classroom...
 Introducing, instructing, ordering, etc. etc.  I think some tears were shed about this time as well.
 "Be here at 1:00 tomorrow."
 Oh jk, I love him so.
 Friend Amanda from Colorado! 
 And sweet Mistay.
 Our last formal picture as singletons.
 And the bridesmaids from heaven.  They rocked my world.  Yipee!
 Abilonian friends.  Always so special.
 Mom and dad!  Another thanks for giving us such a beautiful, perfect wedding celebration.
 Nicholas!  He's married now.  So now we can take family vacations together.  Yahoo!
 We still love each other a whole lot.
  Saying farewell to my blankie and loving time with my bestie.
Next up - the nuptials!  Woohoo! 

Today is full of craft-finishing, reflecting, and lunch with a dear, dear friend who is leaving WRHS for a new adventure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment