June 21, 2011

Post-Wedding Bliss

What a weekend.  It was filled with so much joy and so many wonderful people that I couldn't stand the thought of being home alone yesterday.  So Daniel and I celebrated "take your wife to work day."  More to come on that later...

I imagine you want to see pictures of the weekend.  Go ahead.  Take a look!

The big baby was put up two days before the festivities.  And it provided us with plenty of shelter from the wind and entertainment.
 Now these guys were good for far too many stories.  At one point, I stepped up on the newest trailer of two, and it took off.  Luckily, I'm real strong/my brother and one of Roxanne's uncle's heard my shrill cry for help, came running, and saved me from having to explain how the campers were knocked into the lake by the porta potties.
 We stood here while the guests were being ushered in - what a great sight to see so many people who love Nicholas and Roxanne.
 Just chillin' in the trailer whilst we wait for direction.

Before tables...


 Can you start to see the big picture here?
 So pretty.
 Head table.  Roxanne and her mom had even thought of getting those funny-shaped tables.  They thought of everything.
 Tables!  The girls just happened to be in town getting manicures when the tables arrived.  Oh darn.
 Setting up the entry tent.
 And the bride is elated.
 At the end of a long day, Tessa, Liz, and I relaxed on the dock that would eventually hold the couple as they said their vows.

 And Ryan (Rox's twin) was the lucky one who got to hold the token baby.
 Naturally we utilized Jeff to hang the lights.  Precarious?  Not a bit.

 The benches arrived!  More work for the boys while the girls relished in the fact that we are girls.
 Here's the dock overlooking the pond. 
 Rehearsal night!




 The immediate families (Stauffer's and Glanzer's) gathered around Nicholas and Roxanne and prayed for them.  It was ridiculously cool.
 Quasi-married!
The happy couple at the rehearsal dinner.  So gorgeous.
 And the cool water beads.  You must buy these at Hobby Lobby, you must.  They are pretty neato.


 Morning of the wedding - brunch catered by Brenda's (MOB) good friends.
 Yum.
 He was our entertainment the entire weekend.  Since he is one of the bridesmaid's baby, he had the pleasure of hanging out with a dozen ladies for 3 days.  And we all loved it.  He was passed around more times than I could count.  What's not to love about that face!?
 Beginning the "getting ready" process.  I think it's safe to say we spent 4 hours getting ready.  So fun.  Seriously.
 Gorgeous. 
 Sissy!  Is she not the most beautiful bride ever!?  And now she's my sissy. 
 When the bride left, we took the opportunity to do...nothing. 



 One of the saddest things about weddings is that you spend several days making new friends only to part ways at the end.  We made some good memories that will remain in my heart for a long time. 
 A full weekend, but so lovely.

The aftermath:


 The girls spent awhile putting up the tulle, so it's only appropriate that the boys take it down.  They were good sports. 
To those of you who were hoping to see pictures of the beautiful bride in all her radiance, you will need to look elsewhere.  I chose to enjoy the day instead of snapping zillions of pictures.  While viewing pre- and post-wedding pictures is definitely not as interesting as the happy, married couple, I'm certainly glad that I was able to take it all in.  For the best pictures, visit Unruh Photography's website.   They undoubtedly captured some sweet moments. 

And now my brother is married.  And I have a sissy.  And I am all smiles about both. 

And in just 4 short days, Daniel and I will be celebrating our one-year anniversary. 

Life is sweet. 

2 comments:

  1. GREAT overview of an absolute Perfect weekend!! I miss everyone and wish it could have lasted even longer:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post! I also got married last month in one of the finest NYC wedding venues. This month we are planning to go for an adventurous trip. I liked this post a lot and I am going to share this with my husband right away. It was great going through this post.

    ReplyDelete