March 3, 2011

Today

I perfected a roux.  After many failed attempts, I feel as if I did it correctly.  And it only took 6 utensils.  Good thing Daniel cleans up my mess.  Every night.

My students are getting in the habit of lining up at the door if we finish before the bell rings.  I am not a fan of this habit, but I also recognize that it's useless to attempt to teach anything in the last 2 minutes of the hour.  Any hints?  I always feel like Mrs. Heinze (shout out to AHS!) saying, "Don't line up at the door.  You're not cattle."  Someone, please tell me you remember this.  Love you, Heinze.

During passing period, I avoid walking through the halls like the plague.  The few times when I actually am forced to navigate from one room to another, I fear for my life.  I literally have to force myself through walls of students.  Today I totally ran into a girl, so I apologized.  However, it must be a regular occurrence because she said nothing and kept moving.  Oh goodness, I do NOT miss being a high school student. 

We got a new oven.  Have I mentioned that?  I don't think so.  It's black and pretty.  And it was free.  Duh.  We live in an apartment. 

Tonight is our first night just at home in awhile.  It is sweet.  I love being at home.  Topeka is home.  Topeka is home.  Topeka is home.  Maybe if I keep saying that, I will start to believe it too. 

If you're at home tonight, drink it in.  Cherish it like a cat cherishes, um...milk?

No comments:

Post a Comment