March 30, 2011

Preparation

Tonight I am preparing treats for my Advisory (similar to study hall) students.  For a certain celebration, of course.  It makes me think of elementary school when you were supposed to bring treats on your birthday.  Every year, I (I mean, my mom) brought jigglers or donuts.  Every year.  I mean, I get the donuts thing.  I love donuts.  But I don't quite understand the jigglers thing.  Perhaps it was because I wasn't a huge cake fan (wasn't = past tense...things have changed) and because I never thought other people's cookies were good so I was afraid of people unfairly judging my mom's cookies.  I had lots of thoughts as a child. 

So I have cupcakes for Advisory and two kinds of candy for the rest of the kiddos.  I'm secretly hoping for a snow day, but at the same time, everyone knows it's way more fun to go to school on your birthday than it is to stay home.  Maybe someone will even decorate my locker.  Sorry, flashback to 7th grade...thanks, faithful friends. 

I'm always uber-reflective on the date of my birth, so be prepared. 

Still trying to figure out where we should eat tomorrow night.  Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment