March 23, 2011

Sometimes...

Sometimes I'm not very good at life.  Like this morning.  I have lost any and all motivation to finishing creating my units for the last 9 weeks.  Blah.  Tomorrow, er, um, Friday...let's be honest...I'll put them both together Sunday afternoon.  In the meantime, I will relish my remaining days off.  Oh the blissful life of a teacher.  Pure bliss. Every single day. Sarcasm?  Only a bit.

Sometimes I fail miserably at keeping my kitchen clean while I cook.  Exhibit A:
 I've been waiting to load pics of a lovely, clean, decorated, and chipper apartment.  Then, out of the blue, I had a revelation (I have lots of these).  Sometimes I feel like a bad person/wife/homemaker/teacher/etc. when I see pics of spotless kitchens and living areas.  Can you relate?  Let's be honest...no one has an immaculate-looking space all the time.  Ours is put together when people are coming over, and when I feel like picking up, and that's about it.  We don't live in filth, and our kitchen is clean 95% of the time, but I am known for exploding (as has been mentioned) when I'm at home...  Anywho, here's what our kitchen looked like yesterday.  Yikes. 

Attempt #1 at scones (or as Daniel says, "sconces").  These suckers are hard to work with!  Super sticky.  And not super-yummy.  Real buttery, but lacking sweet flavor.  I used buttermilk instead of heavy cream because...that's what my mom does.  (Raise your hand if when people ask why you do something a certain way, your default answer is, "That's just how my mom does it," but you really have no idea why...  My hand is waving wildly.)

Sometimes I take pictures of adorable nephews.  Sometimes they like it and want me to take more.  And sometimes when they smile, they look at the camera long enough for me to snap a pic.  Exhibit B:

Sometimes I want to watch a movie on Netflix while I "grade" my students' NCAA brackets, but sometimes even the library that is Netflix has nothing I want that is streamable.  Sigh.  Life is difficult. 

Sometimes my mom comes to visit me.  Sometimes she helps me organize our unruly (seriously, this room is a disaster) guest room (perhaps I will remember to take before and after pics).  Sometimes we go shopping for mother-of-the-groom dresses.  And sometimes we go out to lunch (Tammy, this is going to happen...and when it does, I will tell you all about it). 

Other times, I sit on our couch staring at my school bag, hoping it will take care of itself, and wishing my cup of water would magically be filled with Diet Dr. Pepper. 

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes (no, actually all the time) our apartment is a mess because cleaning (and keeping things clean) with a baby is so impossible. There's no time really, so I feel ya. I try to convince myself that there is more to life than a clean apartment, but I fail at that too. I would love to have a spotless house all the time, but I don't see that happening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. guest room=b room
    school bag=africa bag??
    love you.

    ReplyDelete