March 24, 2011

Favs

I have lots of favorite things.  Lots.  I would take any and all of these things for a special day sometime next week.  No pressure.  For those of you who are still searching for birthday presents (aka Nicholas), the following are acceptable choices (sidenote - Nicholas, the brother, has experienced much success in the gift-giving arena as of lately):
  • Cherry tomatoes.  I'm not talking about the bland ones still on the vine in the grocery store.  I'm talking about the legit Cherub cherry tomatoes that are a gazillion dollars a pound.  Purrrrfect.
  • Cobb salad, sans the egg.  This is my new favorite thing to order on any restaurant's menu.  And so far, I have not been disappointed.  Tonight I had a Cobb salad with a tarragon vinaigrette.  Um, yum.
  • Pretty fingernail polish.  It makes Daniel dry-heave every time I paint my nails, but it makes my nails less appetizing...I'm a biter.  Always have been.  When I was little, my mom tried to bribe me to get me to stop.  It worked once.  Care to try again, mom? I jk.  I'm a big kid now.  I don't bite my nails no more...
  • A massage.  I've never had one, but I want one real bad.  I mean real bad.  
  • A mini deep freeze.  I freeze everything, enough said.
  • Panera Bread.  Melissa, I want the store for myself.  Can you arrange this, please?
I feel a lot, a lot, a lot.  (I also use the phrase "a lot" a lot.  I cringe when my students use it and I count them down when it is used in a formal essay.  Am I contradicting myself?  Don't answer that.)  Because I feel so much, I have many favorites.  The aforementioned items are only a small smattering of things I love.  Because I think you should know.  And because I think it's buckets and buckets 'o fun to explain why I love what I love.

Because life is more fun when photos are involved, I will include one.  The story goes a little like this...I once met a girl named Roxanne.  I once secretly hoped she would eventually be my sister-in-law (for about a bazillion reasons).  I also once hoped that I wouldn't scare her off by desiring to take a picture with just her.  The good news:  in less than 3 months, she will be forever connected to the Glanzer family.  Bwahahaha.  And I couldn't be happier.  I call her "sissy" because (1) I think it's funny and (2) it makes me happy.  Love you, sissy Rocker.  So excited for June 18!

3 comments:

  1. Cute dress.
    Also, cute picture in general. You look quite stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on Panera. Everything I have eaten there is absolutely fabulous. The only thing that would send me over the moon would be Panera and Target joining forces and running both companies under one roof. That would be the ultimate dining and shopping experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so sweet! This made my day:) Love you sissy to be!

    ReplyDelete