May 24, 2012

May

Disclaimer:  today you are my soundboard of randomness.

Today was the last day of students.  Some bittersweet moments.  One of my recently favorite students gave me a hug.  She is a gem.  I told her to visit me next year.  I hope she does.

While my 5th hour was testing, I went through all my rosters and e-mailed the parents of those extra special students to thank them for raising such amazing kids.  I loved bragging on some of my kids, and in some cases, I think I was able to show some parents a wonderful side of their children.  I've already received some kind responses.  And I sigh.  Being a teaching is sometimes so rewarding.

I was told by a counselor today that she places kids with me who she knows need to be loved.  Hearing comments like that make me think that maybe, just maybe, I actually am making a difference in someone's life.  That is why I decided to get into teaching in the first place.

Tonight we're celebrating the end of an era.  The era of me teaching in the general classroom.  I think BBQ and a beverage of choice are in order.

Tomorrow I'm making breakfast for my in-service lunch buddies.  Much cooking to do tonight.

So here's to another summer.  Happy end of May!

No comments:

Post a Comment