May 17, 2012

I'm a prisoner...

...in my own home due to this creature perched right outside my door.
 I became brave for an instant and slowly opened the door so I could get a better picture.  But then its head moved, and I recoiled in fear.
 Truth be told: I love birds.  LOVE them.  But, I have had some unfortunate run-ins with said creatures as of lately (including watching the circle of life carry on as a feline snatched a baby cardinal right from under my nose.  Yes, this happened.). Plus I was am terrified that said bird will fly into my house and never be seen again OR (worse) that said bird will fly into my house and I will spend the rest of the evening attempting to shoo it out.

I quietly closed the door in response to my fear and took another picture behind the protection of the glass. 
I just want to know - what is going on?  Is there an egg under there?  Perhaps a baby bird has found a home in a nearby planter?  Maybe this bird heard about my unfortunate run-in with a feline and chose to seek revenge. 

Oh the exciting things that happen at our house.  Never a dull moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment