September 7, 2011

Mid-week Funnies

The stories are starting to roll in...so if you follow purely because of my hilarious school tales, stay tuned.

Today I:
  • tripped over a girl's backpack.
  • stumbled over the phrase "World War I" for 10 minutes.
  • made the kids who forgot their textbooks march back to their lockers...and counted them tardy (I was that teacher today).
  • dropped my notes 5 times (yes, five times) in one class period.  What does that say about me?
  • paused mid-reading to my 7th hour and proclaimed, "I feel like I'm talking to a wall."  Blank stares.  So I continued, "Are you guys just so incredibly exhausted?!"  Blank stares, blink, blink.  "Oh my word!" (yes, I used the cliche, totally over-used Heidi/Mrs. Carlson phrase).  Blank stares.  Suffice it to say, new reading strategies will be used tomorrow during 7th hour. Tired students = exhausted Mrs. Carlson.  Current mantra:  the students should be working harder than the teacher.  I need to make that a reality. 
As I mentioned, the stories are coming.  And they are good.  Stick around.

No comments:

Post a Comment