September 28, 2011

The Sunday that was fun.

And where the West was won.
Upon where shone the sun.
As fun as a sesame bun.

That, my faithful readers, was my Sunday.  All those things. 

We high-tailed it out of Top-town and headed to the sparkling metropolis of Nebraska City to explore a classy little apple orchard.  A lovely place for a Sunday funday.  Naturally, the trip was made in an effort to see our besties Nicky and Rocky-sissy.  (Note: She and sweet Tessa have a bah-log, and it is full of awesome, easy tips for staying in shape.  Check it out.  Seriously.  Go now.  Skip the rest of this and go look.  You can always come back...)  And it was a delight.

We wandered through a trail.

 Enjoyed some photo-ops.
 Made our mouths water at their smells-like-Christmas-which-makes-me-want-Christmas-NOW store.
 Desired to add pounds of butter to our thighs...or maybe that was just me...
 Tasted a variety of applicious wines.  No joke - this tasted like an apple.  Say what!?!?
 Made the in-laws pose because they were dressed like twins. 
 Posed with the brosy.  Someone, please, notice the accidental coordination.  Someone number 2, please, notice my BOOTS!
 The boys played games with the child-friendly trail attractions.
 We scheduled in a few self-timer group shots. 
 The boys found a fort.  (first person who finds Nicholas wins 10 fake points - cash them in soon, people)
 Crazy face time...
 I remember my lower back hurting a tremendous amount during the shooting of this picture.  Worth it?  You be the judge...  Rocky, I'm not sure that squirrels have tongues.  Just saying...
 One chair was too big.  One chair was too soft.  The other chair was just right!
 I'm totally going to be the mom who tells her kids to write on this blackboard after the experience...and make them take it seriously. 
 We picked a half-dozen kinds of apples
 with this contraption
 to put in our apple bag.
 Our relaxing hay-rack ride turned out to be a shuttle taking us up the hill.  Lame.
 The corn maze proved to be for children.
 And I proved to be a decent stalker.
 I love my new sissy. 
 And we love to pose.
 And I love to contort my arms.  Misty, if you're reading this, tell me you love this picture.

Most of all, I love time with the 4 of us.  We're all at the same life stage.  We dream together.  We understand one another.  And we're ridiculous together.  I can only imagine what the next 60 years of doing life with these folks is going to look like.  I know one thing, though...it's going to be absolutely delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment