August 6, 2012

Summer 2012

A farewell to summer 2012 and space phone pictures:

You were fun, my sweet summer.
You were full and wild.
You put paint in my hair.
And made me feel like a child.

Much food was consumed
While a symphony was heard
It only would've been better
To have the view of a bird
We camped in the desert
And got a terrible sun burn
While it made a good memory
I said, "No more!" very stern
With bats in the attic
Huzzie knew just what to do
So he donned a ridiculous suit
And the space is good as new
Lots of time with friends
And lots of belly laughs
Memories made all around
And only a few social gaffs
Challenges to the heart
Not to be taken lightly
God's doing a new thing
We only need to move slightly
Hours of prepping, priming, and painting
And gallons of paint washed off my hands
Summer, you knew this was a heckuva project
It's done! I now watch the Olympics from my couch (aka: grand stands)
Vacation, vacation,
You have such a sweet tone
Especially with a fam
Who is super to the bone


Daniel even wore red pants
But only for a short bit
Would have totally bought them
If they were a better fit
And last but not least
We celebrated these two
Adorable twinsies
Before them, what did we do!?

Summer, you were kind
But you went so dang fast
Please come again
And let it not be your last.

Love,
Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment