November 1, 2011

Elementary?

These popsicle sticks made their way into my classroom today...

...and I used them for two different reasons.

Class A:  too many chatty chatters.  So each time I must remind them to stay on task OR each time a student blurts out, a stick is removed.  When all 5 sticks are removed, the students miss out on 1 minute of their  passing period.  If I must "put one stick back" because they are still disrupting, they miss out on 2 minutes of their passing period.  It's kind of a big deal.  Of course, of course, there are reinforcements for positive behavior.  I had them create their reinforcements, I'm "mulling them over" tonight, and I'll have a big reveal tomorrow.  Like I said, it's kind of a big deal...

Class B:  too many bathroom goers/task avoiders.  I have 3 sticks on the board for this class.  Each time a student leaves the room, a stick is removed.  When all sticks are removed, no on else leaves.  I told them today that since "I have to hold it, they do too."  This is also kind of a big deal...

Yay for using my "Behavior Management" class knowledge!!!!

And yay for finding a way to use popsicle sticks in a secondary classroom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment