October 31, 2011

KATE: Update

Please tell me you caught the rhyme.

On Saturday I told you all about the wonderful time I had at the KATE conference.  Since then, I've rehashed the experience times 5 as I told each class.  I thought you might be interested in their responses...
  • In response to the picture of my decorations:  
    • "Oh wow, that's really beautiful, Mrs. Carlson." - 15 year-old boy
    • "Are those real pumpkins?" - 15 year-old boy
    • "That is legit."
    • "Did you carve all the pumpkins?" (note:  the pumpkins were those itty bitty ones)
  • In response to the picture of Jay Asher and I:  "Mrs. Carlson, he is totally mackin' on you." - 15 year-old boy (are you noticing a trend??) - this comment was followed by an awkward back-pedal performed gracefully by yours truly...
  • In response to one of the group pictures:  "Hey!  Those are all English teachers!"  
Cute kids.  And full of charm, wit, and grace. 


No comments:

Post a Comment