September 28, 2012

Y'all, it's fall!

Hooray.  I heart fall so much.  This post has nothing to do with fall.  I just like it.  And I like rhyming.  Boom. 

Moving on.

I am a domestic disaster 90% of the time.  You think I kid.  I don't.  If you come to my house and it's a planned visit, my house will look picked up.  However, if you stop by unannounced, your heart will be saddened.  Carlson casa stays pretty clean Sunday through Thursday.  But something strange happens Thursday night.  I call it "end of the week exhaustion" or EOTWE.  When EOTWE hits, all motivation to keep the casa clean leaves me.  Every last bit.  So by Friday afternoon, when I literally crash on our couch the moment I walk through the door, our house often looks like this:
 No crusty food anywhere, I promise. 
 As you can see, I'm too lazy by Friday afternoon to even edit the pictures. 
 So here's what I did.  I set my timer on my dying microwave (people, it is on it's death bed...worry not, a new wave is in the budget for October) for 20 minutes.  Turned on some jams.  May or may not have danced for 10 seconds to jazz myself up.  And then cleaned for 19 minutes and 40 seconds.  Yes, I had 20 seconds to spare. 
 Not perfect, but MUCH better. 
People, sometimes I am L-A-Z-Y, so a 20 minute timed cleaning session is just the motivation I need.  Do it sometime. 

On another note, here are some cute pics of the 1-year-old nephs.  Super presh, I know.
 Oh my goodness.  Seriously.  What is not to love.  Ahhhhhh.  They're making me cray-cray with aunty loving. 
On another note, I have a bruise on my hand.  Random, I know.  No clue how it got there.  But it does hurt.  So weird. 

Happy Friday, y'all.  Remember, it's fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment