January 8, 2012

like a tortoise...

This "make the house our home" process is slow and steady...like a tortoise.  But super fun.

Here's where we are:

This pretty lady gave up a day of her holiday season to cut in for 4 1/2 hours.  What a trooper, huh!?
 And this seasoned painter also gave up a day to cut in for 4 1/2 hours. Yes, they both did the tedious work.  I sat around, ate bon-bons, and occasionally used a roller. 
 This painting bucket was a savior.  It has a magnet to hold the brush.  How cool is that!?
 This ladder was a lovely helper as well.
 As was this baby roller.
 And this, friends, is our "lacking furniture" room.  But look at our lovely blinds!  From selectblinds.com






 I spent part of Friday afternoon organizing our kitchen desk.  Now it's actually usable!  And that white chair?  I scored 4 of them in Abilene over the weekend. Saweet!
 The organization was definitely aided by my hanging folders. 
 This is where we're at in the dining room.  Lotso glass...real child friendly...
 And my blog namesake. 
 Not sure why this picture is so odd, but the point is that I now have laundry on the main floor!  Hopefully hubs will build me some shelves this week...
Like I said, like a tortoise...slow and steady...

4 comments:

  1. Well, I think I spied a large Mcdonald's diet coke in that photo with Tam. I think we both know she will do most anything for that, so just keep pushing the large cokes and your house will be painted before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the color you painted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Heidi - what a classic and stylish home you are building inside. :) Building with your great taste, that is.

    On a different note, can we have a skype date in the next monthish to talk wedding stuff? I went back and looked at your site for ideas, but all this is a bit overwhelming. You are great at making lists and getting things done in a timely manner, but also with a great outlook. Let me know, dearie.

    ReplyDelete