January 23, 2012

Holly-days

Every part of me is so sad we still have no snow.  Including my fingernails and the inside of my left ear.  Every part.  Sigh.

So I will relive the days that were...a few weeks ago...when I was still like a child (and/or adult) anticipating receiving the "snow day!" phone call via the calling tree.

Yes, I will relive the festivities that were Christmas.  (Didn't make the connection between longing for snow days and Christmas?  No matter.  Just go with me.)

Christmas with the hubs.  At the new (to us) house.

 Hubs guessed every gift before opening, and he was right EVERY TIME.  And he hadn't asked for ANY OF HIS GIFTS.  I died.
 I didn't guess...because I'm awful at all things guessing (except for the night we got engaged...), and I wound up way surprised.  10 points for hubs.
 Ugg slippers!  I've already logged close to 700 hours in them (for anyone who's counting...dad...I've owned them for 30 days and 24 x 30 is 720...so yes, it is possible).
 This was my view after our Christmas dinner (no pictures of that...I'm terrible at taking pictures of food).  What a hubs!

 Then I made him play Yahtzee.  I think I won, but I don't remember.  So let's just pretend I won.
 Then I made him take an awkward "we're posed like we're just relaxing but Heidi has a HUGE smile on her face" picture.  At least my tree looks pretty.  And at least my walls are no longer boring colors.
 Then we headed to A-town for some Glanzer fun.
 And fun it was.  I always laugh at how these two are "siblings" now.  Ha.
 Traditional Glanzer Christmas Eve.  Complete with fondu and all the condiments you could ever dream of.
 Three of the kids.
 And this was just too hilarious not to post. 
 My fam bam.
 Traditional "favorite Christmas gift" picture. 
 Then we headed to the Carlson clan Christmas.  Complete with an ugly Christmas sweater contest.  HILARIOUS. 
 After taking probably 25 pictures of these yahoos, this was the best one. So darling.  Love them all.  Yes.  Six boys.  I keep telling Daniel that we'll have all girls.  Ha.
 The last Christmas celebration was with these two besties.  We missed the other two, but had a delightful time. 
It was a good one, this Christmas.  Thanks for reliving it with me.

Back to anticipating the joy that comes with the "snow day!" phone call.  Just one, that's all I want.

Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment